Ballroom dancing alive and well in Tequesta

Ever since I was a kid in Miami, I've been fascinated with schools that teach ballroom dancing.

I wondered what all those strange dances were really like.  Especially the one where the woman dances with a rose held in her mouth.  I still don't know what this dance is called!

Up in Tequesta, Jupiter's sister city to the north, there is an Arthur Murray dance studio.  Their offerings include Ballroom and Latin, Smooth and Rhythm, Swing, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Private and Group classes, Social evening events, Fitness, Youth Classes, Wedding programs, and Gift certificates.

Each summer I travel to Santa Barbara and have discovered there is an active sub-culture of ballroom dancers there.  My friend Barry, who they tell me is very, very smooth, is a hot item on the dance floor and all the ladies want to dance with him.

On the Fourth of July, a friend Roy holds a party in Goleta where he makes his famous chili.  He restores classic cars and above his garage he has built a custom home complete with professional quality dance floor.  Roy's Fourth of July party is a big event with the ballroom dancing crowd in Goleta and Santa Barbara and for someone who knows nothing about these styles, going and watching is a real treat.

You can find out more about our fabulous Coastal Florida Lifestyle by reading and following this blog or by visiting my Coastal Florida website or my You Tube channel. When you are done, send the links along to friends.