Termites are most abundant in the southwestern and southern U.S., with the Gulf Coast commonly known as “the termite belt.” Since termites try to avoid light and open air spaces, the insects do their damage behind walls. Many homeowners don’t realize they have a termite problem until swarming season when they see them flying around their homes.
Here are some steps you can take to mitigate termite damage:
• Remove wood piles and other cellulose sources from under and next to homes.
• Have an annual inspection by a licensed professional pest control company.
• Direct water sources, such as air conditioner drip lines and roof downspouts, away from the structure foundation.
• When purchasing a home, carefully check its termite protection history.
• Obtain a termite protection contract and renew it annually.
In spite of termites, this is a GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!
Want to know more? http://www.coastalfloridarealestate.net/
And be sure to send along to your friends!